Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What's this all about?

This is to be the place I come to work on the novel I've been trying to write for a while now. What appears will be first draft material, so subject to ... and in need of ... change, tinkering, edits, rethinks, and more as the process moves along.

I write two professional blogs for Adoption.com AND a person blog, and I'm constantly, but sweetly, interrupted by a four-year-old and a two-year-old who deserve more of Mom's attention than they get when I'm working, all resulting in me being too busy to sink my head into the bucket of fiction waiting impatiently on the corner of my desk. The plan is ... yes, there's a plan ... that by putting the draft of this book into blog form, filling in a blank square with fiction for a change, I'll manage to get more done than I have been while trying to separate fiction from the rest of the writing I do.

This seeds of this book germinated in emails between me and my niece, Rebecca, a reading wonder who'd finished everything interesting for kids by the time she turned eight. With the book forming on this blog, I'm hoping we'll be able to work together, and I'm looking forward to the process.

Pop in occasionally, if you like, and follow along.


No comments: